2017- 2018 Competitive Team Evaluations in studio
Saturday September 9,2017
Tap – 10:00 AM
Hip Hop – 10:45 AM
Lyrical – 11:30 AM
Jazz – 12:15 PM
Jazz Acro – 1:00 PM
Contemporary – 1:45 PM
Musical Theater – 2:30 PM
*** Schedule subject to change!
*** Mini dancers by recommendation only for Junior classes
*** Junior dancers by recommendation only for Pre-teen or Teen classes
- Dancers that wish to evaluate for KIO! Competitive dance must complete registration along with waiver form and pay registration fee in advance.
Some key things that dancers will learn in the competitive dance program at KIO!:
- Working with team mates is key for success.
- Performing in front of an audience can be fun and help with building confidence.
- Gracefully receiving feedback is necessary and using that feedback for improvement is important.
- Appreciation for dance as an art and understanding the competition experience is about growing as a dancer through skill and maturity.
- Displaying sportsmanlike conduct at all times is very important.
- The art of dance translates into valuable skills and friendships that will last a lifetime!
Competitive dance is for the dedicated dancer that is able and willing to put in their time & energy that is necessary for success. There are extra fees involved with competitive dance for workshops, necessary items dancers need as well as travel regionally and out of state for national event.
- DANCER LEVEL OF COMMITMENT weekly practice: Minis & Juniors approximately 2-4 hours weekly (2-3 days) , Pre-teen, Teen and Adult approximately 4 – 7+ hours weekly (2-4 days).
- ALL KIO! Competitive Dancers are required to take strength & conditioning class. Dancers that are in jazz, jazz acro, lyrical, contemporary and musical theater are also required Ballet , technique leaps & turns class. This is included in the commitment of weekly practice.
- There is also a possibility of additional practice time if necessary. If you cannot commit then please consider recreational dance classes.
- Participation in KIO! Dance Boosters is necessary for team members to receive assistance.