2017-2018 Competitive Team Evaluations
Saturday September 9,2017 – Dancers ages 5+
Tap – 10:00 AM ** Hip Hop – 10:45 AM ** Lyrical – 11:30 AM ** Jazz – 12:15 PM
Jazz Acro – 1:00 PM ** Contemporary – 1:45 PM ** Musical Theater – 2:30 PM
*** Schedule subject to change!
- Dancers that wish to evaluate for KIO! Competitive dance must complete registration along with waiver form and pay registration fee in advance.
- Dancers that are unable to attend evaluations but wish to join us please e-mail for a private evaluation email@example.com
Our Team focus at KIO!:
- Working with team mates is key for success.
- Performing in front of an audience can be fun and help with building confidence.
- Gracefully receiving feedback is necessary and using that feedback for improvement is important.
- Appreciation for dance as an art and understanding the competition experience is about growing as a dancer through skill and maturity.
- Displaying sportsmanlike conduct at all times is very important.
- The art of dance translates into valuable skills and friendships that will last a lifetime!
Competitive dance is for the dedicated dancer that is able and willing to put in their time & energy that is necessary for success. Our team travels regionally 3 times and out of state once a year for a national event.
- DANCER LEVEL OF COMMITMENT weekly practice: Minis approximately 3-5 hours weekly (2-3 days) , Junior, Pre-Teen, Teen and Adult approximately 4 – 7+ hours weekly (2-4 days). There is also a possibility of additional practice time if necessary. If you cannot commit then please consider non-competitive dance classes. Team group classes are on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
- Competitive dancers must be enrolled in and attending ballet, technique, leaps & turns as well as strength & conditioning classes.
- Team workshops are required for all members as are regional competitions unless otherwise noted. We attend at least one workshop per season. Nationals is required for all team members.